A talmid applying to MBY should have the following attributes:
- A genuine desire to grow as a ben-Torah
- The ability to handle a rigorous academic program in both Torah and General Studies
- A strong identity with the mainstream yeshiva world in terms of hashkafa, dress, and lifestyle
- A family framework which supports and nurtures this growth
- Good middos
- A cooperative attitude with absolutely no history of classroom behavioral issues
Applications can be obtained from the office, or downloaded from this website. Applications should be submitted with a $100 application fee. Select your preference:
- MBYLA APPLICATION 2023-24 (PDF to print and fill out)
- MBYLA APPLICATION 2023-24 form (PDF to type into and print for your signature)
- MBYLA APPLICATION 2023-24 (MS Word).
Once the school receives a completed application form, the following admissions process begins.
- MBY obtains and carefully analyzes the applicant’s transcripts and standardized testing results from his current school.
- References are checked with school principals, rabbeim, and teachers.
- An interview with the Rosh HaYeshiva is scheduled only after school records are received and evaluated. The interview also includes an oral bechina on Gemara. General questions will be asked on the Misechta the bochur is learning and he will be asked to read a portion of Gemara, Rashi and Tosafos. It is advisable for the applicant to also say over some mefarshim on the Gemara learned from his Rebbe
- Results of the process are mailed to the applicants’ families sometime during March