A talmid applying to MBY should have the following attributes:
- A genuine desire to grow as a ben-Torah
- The ability to handle a rigorous academic program in both Torah and General Studies
- A strong identity with the mainstream yeshiva world in terms of hashkafa, dress, and lifestyle
- A family framework which supports and nurtures this growth
- Good middos
- A cooperative attitude with absolutely no history of classroom behavioral issues
MBY conducts an Open House for Eighth Grade Boys towards the end of December. A letter inviting the boys is mailed in November to the Eighth Grade of the following schools: Yeshiva Rav Isaacson, Ohr Eliyahu, Yavneh and Emek. Applicants attending a different school who wish to be placed on the mailing list for the Open House, should contact the MBY office
Parents are welcome to visit the school and meet with the Rosh HaYeshiva at any time. Appointments should be made through the office.
Only students who have been accepted may choose to spend a day in MBY
Applications are mailed to Eighth Graders, can be obtained from the office, or downloaded from this website. Applications should be submitted with a $100 application fee
Once the school receives a completed application form, the following admissions process begins.
- MBY obtains and carefully analyzes the applicant’s transcripts and standardized testing results from his current school.
- References are checked with school principals, rabbeim, and teachers.
- An interview with the Rosh HaYeshiva is scheduled only after school records are received and evaluated. The interview also includes an oral bechina on Gemara. General questions will be asked on the Misechta the bochur is learning and he will be asked to read a portion of Gemara, Rashi and Tosafos. It is advisable for the applicant to also say over some mefarshim on the Gemara learned from his Rebbe
- Results of the process are mailed to the applicants’ families sometime during March